Women who may have been assaulted by Uber drivers are being urged to come forward by police, following charges in Queensland against two men in as many weeks.
A 37-year-old was refused bail on Friday after Magistrate John Costello said prosecutors had a "strong case" he raped a 16-year-old girl on July 7.
The allegations against the UK national followed a court appearance by a 47-year-old last week who was charged with raping a young passenger three times.
Acting Detective Superintendent Mick O'Dowd said police believed the 47-year-old may have abused other women he collected late at night over the past two years.
"Some of the information we've obtained during the investigation seems to lend itself in the police's view... that perhaps there may have been other incidents," he said on Friday.
"We don't have exact details of those incidents, which is why we're asking our public appeal again for people to come forward if they've been in a situation that's similar."
Despite the recent charges, Det Supt O'Down said police had no concerns about the safety of ride-sharing services like Uber.
But Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the allegations were "absolutely shocking" and the government would examine if increased regulation could help to improve safety measures.
© AAP 2017